OVERSEAS ORDERS: Please use the Overseas Orders tab on the left hand side of this
page and follow instructions. Please do not use the 'Buy Now' button as this relates
to Private UK orders ONLY.
TRADE ORDERS: Please use the Trade Orders tab on the left hand side of this page
and follow instructions. Please do not use the 'Buy Now' button as this relates to
Private UK orders ONLY.
Limited back issues of the magazine are also available – please contact us by e-mail
for price details and combined offers. Please note that back issues are not available
for sale in our online shop.
Scriptor – Volume 12 Contributors’ Guidelines:
Contributions welcome from 1st October 2017 to 30th June 2018 for publication at
the end of October 2018.
Observation of our Guidelines will help to ensure that your work receives proper
• As Scriptor is essentially a platform anthology for new writers and new writing,
work that has been previously published (including competitions) has been broadcast
or is currently under consideration elsewhere will not be eligible for submission
to Scriptor – 12.
• The amount of work we will consider in any one mailing from a contributor is as
Up to 6 poems – 50 lines maximum.
Up to 4 short stories – 3,500 words maximum.
Up to 4 essays – 2,000 words maximum.
• There is no imposition of theme or style but we reserve the right to refuse consideration
of work that in our view may be contentious or be liable to offend.
• Only work from writers living in Great Britain & Northern Ireland will be considered.
Please note that may accept to publish more than one piece of work from the same
• All work submitted should be typewritten or legibly handwritten on one side of
white A4 paper. It should bear a title and include your name or pseudonym. With specific
regard to poetry, all poems will be typeset to be printed ‘ranged left’ only. Please
bear in mind that the page area is nominal A5, and the subsequent effect this has
on line length/breaks, given that your typescript will be on A4. Uneven numbers of
lines in verses, inconsistent use of upper and lower case and punctuation will be
regarded as intentional.
Minor spelling errors in all work submitted will be corrected but excessive errors
will result in the material being returned.
• We are happy to accept illustrations/photographs (colour or black and white) for
possible inclusion with your work. Please ensure, however that you have copyright
permission for use of such material. If issuing artwork electronically, please ensure
that it is in high quality .jpg format.
• If your work if accepted for Scriptor, you will receive a letter of acceptance
which will also include a request, for an electronic file version if available. NB.
Electronic files uploaded to this website, e-mail or by other means must be in Word.rtf
format. A paper copy must be issued to us in all instances.
• Work submitted will be regarded as being final copy and therefore we will not undertake
‘content revisions’ on behalf of the author. A proof copy for approval will be issued
and it is the responsibility of the author to ensure that all corrections are clearly
marked in accordance with the instructions that accompany the proof.
• You are strongly advised to keep copies of your work as we cannot accept responsibility
for loss or damage howsoever caused. Work will only be returned if accompanied by
a SAE bearing the correct postage.
• We accept the condition of First British Serial Rights only and all copyright remains
with the authors.
• Scriptor – 12 will be published at the end of October 2018. Contributions will
only be considered from 1st October 2017 to 30th June 2018. Work received after 30th
June 2018 will be returned unread. All contributions are read and considered on a
cumulative basis. Please allow up to eight weeks for notification of acceptance/rejection.
No correspondence or discussion by telephone or in person will be entered into where
work has been rejected. Unsuccessful contributors are welcome to send further work
for consideration if they so wish, but only within the specified timescale. In view
of the amount of work involved in the compilation of Scriptor, we cannot undertake
to provide critiques or advice of any kind in connection with work submitted to us
for the magazine.
• Please notify us if your name, or contact details (address/phone/e-mail) subsequently
change after you have submitted work to us for consideration.
• Unfortunately we are unable to pay successful contributors or issue them with free
copies. They will however, have the opportunity, following publication, to purchase
(post-free) a copy(ies) at discount of the cover price. Please note that this offer
applies to first orders only. Subsequent orders will be charged at the full cover
price plus postage.
• Purchase of any copies of Scriptor in no way guarantees publication in the magazine.
• All submissions/orders should be sent to: The Editor, Scriptor, Green Arrow Publishing,
6 Green Bank, Stacksteads, Bacup, Lancashire OL13 8LQ.
• The Publishers reserve the right to amend these Guidelines at any time and without
New Writers and New Writing in the UK
New and established writers from all over the UK have a further opportunity to submit
their work for publication in our biennially published magazine, Scriptor. Containing
a diverse range of new Poetry, Short Stories and Essays, the magazine was established
in 1996 and has grown to become a popular, quality publication.
Published every two years, Scriptor provides a platform anthology for new writers
and new writing and is aimed at a nationwide readership, some of whom have subsequently
become contributors and had their work published separately under the Green Arrow
Collaborative Publishing Scheme.
Scriptor – Volume 11, 144pp Paperback, £7.00 Click the ‘Buy Now’ button to get your
copy! (Private UK orders ONLY)